StreetView Explorer will help you walk around the Google StreetView images instead of just viewing them. Image and depth data is automatically downloaded from the official Google StreetView servers.
- Vertical accuracy – Option to exclude the banding effect when textures do not line up. Increases or decreases the number of polygons in the vertical direction.
- Horizontal accuracy – Increases the number of polygons in the horizontal direction. Lower settings can increase speed but can also make the depth of smaller objects indistinguishable from the background.
- Detail level – Sets the resolution at which to download images from the Google server. Each additional level takes 4 times as long to download and takes up 4 times as much disk space in cache. Level 1 is ideal for just racing around town while Level 3 can be used to study all the details.
- Mipmapping - Enables texture smoothing of far away polygons or polygons looked at from a grazing angle but also dramatically increases texture load times resulting in an annoying wait every time a new panorama comes into view.
- Wireframe – Does exactly what you think it does. Can be used to get an estimate of the amount of polygons being pushed, great way to visualize the effects of the accuracy settings.